I have missed posting the last few weeks but I guess a break was needed. A 3things post seems like a good re-entry. So, 3 things that are tugging at my heartstrings right now:
1. Finding a little journal mom kept on a trip she and dad took to the UK in 1997. So good to see her handwriting.
2. The cooler weather that means I can start wearing my knitwear.
3. Listening and re-listening to this podcast – decision making, decision fatigue, good, short episodes with so much to offer.
Off to visit Carole this morning.
I am playing along with #onebookjuly, using a B6 notebook. I have sectioned it off into three parts:
1. Daily ramblings and journaling
2. Wellness – a place where I can track a few pieces of data fo my doctor and doing some meal planing and reading about food and health.
3. Drawing – I am trying out some ideas for my garden, a quilt idea, and daily sketches of everyday things
Be sure to visit Carole for more lists today.
Today is the last day for our little students. The teachers finish up early next week and then my work schedule can be more flexible. I am looking forward to:
More gardening – My flowers are starting to bloom and it makes me so happy to see that color as I stand at the kitchen sink.
More moving – I ran a 10k last weekend and have a renewed energy about running.
More reading -I have three boxes filled on my bingo card and I’m closing in on number three.
Off to visit Carole for her Thursday link up.
I finished my Birkin last night and it is blocking now. I tried it on so many time as I was knitting it and I think this will be a go to sweater. I almost gave up when I read the many comments about the fit being off. I was almost finished with color-work so I kept going and I am very pleased with the results.
Now, reading time. I have three Books and need help deciding which will be up next. One is an audiobook so I could do two at a time but I also have a non-fiction audiobook I wanted to start. Want to help me choose?
This one that is waiting at the library, or this one that has been waiting on my Kindle, or this one that is on the PBS Great American Read list.
Be sure to visit Carole for more three things posts today.
Just dropping in to share three things I have been noticing (with thanks to Michelle for the prompt):
I am noticing that when he points, I need to pay attention. I love being surprised by what he remembers. Bird? I don’t see a bird but yes, that is exactly where we saw a bird yesterday.
I had to get my phone repaired yesterday and I noticed how unsettled I felt walking away and knowing I would not be able to text, call, or Google.
I am noticing the feel of a new pen on paper, the softness of my journal, the crispness of the pages of a new book.
head over to visit Carole today for more lists.
Today is the tenth day of the #100daysproject. It’s early here but I have already put pen to paper so it seems like a good time for an update and three things I have learned so far.
1. My original project name felt awkward so I have changed it to #100daysoffiberandink.
2. The fiber part has been easy- mostly because I keep my yarn next to my chair and can pick it up in the evenings when we are watching TV. But I also spent time sewing and sorting my fiber projects during spring break. Lots of fiber in my hands these first 10 days.
3. I am a morning person and on the days when I don’t pick up my pen early, it is harder to make that happen. Last week I ordered a bunch of photos to use as story starters. I am putting sticky notes on the back of each picture and will keep them in my knitting basket. That way I can write notes in between rows. It seems to have helped to stamp my journal pages with my TODAY stamp.
Off to link up with Carole and friends this morning. I’ll be back in 10 days.
You have to look past the drizzle and the grey sky but signs of spring are showing up in my yard.
- The yellow forsythia that mom bought for me 30 years ago,
- The heather that welcomes the bees,
- The green moss that I love even because that green is perfect.
Visit Carole today for more 3 Things lists.