I have some high hopes for this new month. And because this week is my spring break, a list seems in order.
- Putting pen to paper (aka bullet journaling).
- Sewing, quilting, knitting.
- Reading – so many books I want to read.
- More yoga and longer walks.
- Planting – kale, peas, beans, and some sort of squash.
- Meal planning – this should be at the top of the list.
- Practicing prayer and meditation.
The sun is out and I actually slept in so it looks like a good start.
Next week will find me back at work so of course I am taking inventory and checking my making queue (thanks Mary and Honore for this lovely word). I have crossed off 5 of the 9 on my Make Nine list. I’m pretty sure there are two squares that need to be switched out on that list. I finished the new quilt for our growing tiny person (and hear he is loving it). And I am trying to use up some bits and pieces of yarn to make more hats for the kids program run by a local group.
Here are a few new things that have jumped into my queue:
- Making Magazine backpack – I am about halfway there on this one
- Navy linen pants and a cream top from this book – fabric is ready to go
- Another Uniform tunic – I have two fabrics that could work
- Some free form house blocks (inspired by this) – I have made some sketches
- Machine quilt the triangle quilt made at retreat – need some backing fabric
- Start this embroidery project – all supplies on hand
I have signed up for a class to make a sweater and have a sleeve to finish on a cardigan. And I am dreaming of a black and white sweater (I have the yarn) but I think I will get through the next two months and see how that will fit.
For now, it’s Friday and it’s raining so seems like a good time to get back to my queue.
At the top of my list today is getting this quilt basted. This was one of projects I worked on last week. The animals were a printed panel and a lot of the fabric was used in the baby quilt I made for our tiny person. I tried to let the process be simple and random. I have the backing and the batting, just need to get it done. Out tiny person is going to be in a toddler before we know it.
Here are a few links to share:
This blog post and link to an interview.
Golden milk and turmeric lattes.
I rediscovered this podcast last week.
The cast on date for this knit along is just around the corner.
This book, kind of a beach or sitting on the deck read.
So many #tinytinymoments these days:
- Summer break is almost here
- There was a fabulous storm on Sunday evening
- I finished two books and a sleeve over the weekend
- My peonies are finally blooming and a very groggy bee almost made it into my bouquet
thanks to Michelle for the #tinytinymoments prompt
Just dropping in to share three things I have been noticing (with thanks to Michelle for the prompt):
I am noticing that when he points, I need to pay attention. I love being surprised by what he remembers. Bird? I don’t see a bird but yes, that is exactly where we saw a bird yesterday.
I had to get my phone repaired yesterday and I noticed how unsettled I felt walking away and knowing I would not be able to text, call, or Google.
I am noticing the feel of a new pen on paper, the softness of my journal, the crispness of the pages of a new book.
head over to visit Carole today for more lists.
These last few weeks I have begun making a new kind of list – a bit like a bucket list – of things I want to invite into my life. Here are a few things on my list:
Learn to draw, especially with colored pencils
Make a bottom up sweater – I have tried and given up but there are so many lovely patterns
More time in the garden
Start running again – it has been too long and I know I will be slower but I do miss running
Week in the Life – I did this a few years ago and it was great fun. It starts on Sunday.
I am declaring today, March 1, as the start of my 2018. Here are three things that I hope will help me relaunch this year:
- A new set of lunch containers to inspire my lunch packing,
- A new to me idea for keeping a notebook
- A new calendar of Pilates workouts and a monthly mission that is calling my name (the Sisterhood program is open for enrollment so if you are interested, take a look)
And a bonus idea for this first month of my new year, I am planning to take more pictures and excited about Michelle’s photo challenge.
*those little knitted chickens in the picture above were made by my daughter and I am thinking of carrying them in my pocket for some fun March photos