So many #tinytinymoments these days:
- Summer break is almost here
- There was a fabulous storm on Sunday evening
- I finished two books and a sleeve over the weekend
- My peonies are finally blooming and a very groggy bee almost made it into my bouquet
thanks to Michelle for the #tinytinymoments prompt
Just dropping in to share three things I have been noticing (with thanks to Michelle for the prompt):
I am noticing that when he points, I need to pay attention. I love being surprised by what he remembers. Bird? I don’t see a bird but yes, that is exactly where we saw a bird yesterday.
I had to get my phone repaired yesterday and I noticed how unsettled I felt walking away and knowing I would not be able to text, call, or Google.
I am noticing the feel of a new pen on paper, the softness of my journal, the crispness of the pages of a new book.
head over to visit Carole today for more lists.
These last few weeks I have begun making a new kind of list – a bit like a bucket list – of things I want to invite into my life. Here are a few things on my list:
Learn to draw, especially with colored pencils
Make a bottom up sweater – I have tried and given up but there are so many lovely patterns
More time in the garden
Start running again – it has been too long and I know I will be slower but I do miss running
Week in the Life – I did this a few years ago and it was great fun. It starts on Sunday.
I am declaring today, March 1, as the start of my 2018. Here are three things that I hope will help me relaunch this year:
- A new set of lunch containers to inspire my lunch packing,
- A new to me idea for keeping a notebook
- A new calendar of Pilates workouts and a monthly mission that is calling my name (the Sisterhood program is open for enrollment so if you are interested, take a look)
And a bonus idea for this first month of my new year, I am planning to take more pictures and excited about Michelle’s photo challenge.
*those little knitted chickens in the picture above were made by my daughter and I am thinking of carrying them in my pocket for some fun March photos
The days are getting longer, slowly but surely. And I am beginning to imagine . . .
Running – I have not been running. I have been doing Pilates, walking, and getting in my steps but the dark, short days are a big barrier. I have good gear for wet weather but running in the dark is not for me.
Stitching – I cut out a top last weekend and hope to get some sewing done tomorrow.
Gardening – I even started a Pinterest garden board. The last few summers have not included enough time for my garden but I plan to change that this year.
Decluttering – Again, the dark afternoons take the energy out of doing any puttering and decluttering after work but now that we have some daylight until almost 5pm, I am planning some serious decluttering and looking forward to some clean, open spaces, especially in my sewing/yarn room.
Happy Friday – enjoy!
1. There is a new play area at our local park and our (not so) tiny person is ready to explore!
2. Yesterday was cool and overcast – the perfect day for wearing my orange sweater, I love the cozy, squishy garter stitch.
3. After three weeks of cutting back on caffeine, I have come to love my cuppa tea (caffeine free).
What a fun weekly prompt – thanks Carole