I am declaring today, March 1, as the start of my 2018. Here are three things that I hope will help me relaunch this year:
- A new set of lunch containers to inspire my lunch packing,
- A new to me idea for keeping a notebook
- A new calendar of Pilates workouts and a monthly mission that is calling my name (the Sisterhood program is open for enrollment so if you are interested, take a look)
And a bonus idea for this first month of my new year, I am planning to take more pictures and excited about Michelle’s photo challenge.
*those little knitted chickens in the picture above were made by my daughter and I am thinking of carrying them in my pocket for some fun March photos
The days are getting longer, slowly but surely. And I am beginning to imagine . . .
Running – I have not been running. I have been doing Pilates, walking, and getting in my steps but the dark, short days are a big barrier. I have good gear for wet weather but running in the dark is not for me.
Stitching – I cut out a top last weekend and hope to get some sewing done tomorrow.
Gardening – I even started a Pinterest garden board. The last few summers have not included enough time for my garden but I plan to change that this year.
Decluttering – Again, the dark afternoons take the energy out of doing any puttering and decluttering after work but now that we have some daylight until almost 5pm, I am planning some serious decluttering and looking forward to some clean, open spaces, especially in my sewing/yarn room.
Happy Friday – enjoy!
1. There is a new play area at our local park and our (not so) tiny person is ready to explore!
2. Yesterday was cool and overcast – the perfect day for wearing my orange sweater, I love the cozy, squishy garter stitch.
3. After three weeks of cutting back on caffeine, I have come to love my cuppa tea (caffeine free).
What a fun weekly prompt – thanks Carole
1. I have cut back on my coffee consumption and have found a new affection for a warm cuppa tea.
2. Words are on my mind – words like enough, savor, and rooted.
3. I want more green in my indoor spaces and I do not have a great record with house plants but maybe succulents will work.
Here are some more Three on Thursday posts.
This was one of those weeks when I felt like it should have been Friday days ago. But even on the longest days, I have time for taking a stroll and watching the ducks with our tiny person.
On this day, 38 years ago, I went out to dinner with the man I would marry. We laugh a lot about how Friday the 13th is anything but unlucky for us. Looking forward to a special wine and cheese night.
I have stayed away from this space for too long but I am inspired by Kat’s idea of planning posts and have missed being part of the weekly link-ups.
I have been reading – The Snow Child and News of the World.
I have been knitting – two sweaters finished, two more hats, one shawl at 60% and a second one cast on.
I have been moving – averaging 10,000 steps a day and yoga once a week
I have been putting pen to paper in my notebooks
I have been cooking clean, healthy, whole foods
Hello Friday – hello weekend!
Today is a jar day. Three jars for comfort, nutrition, and convenience.
1. Almond milk mixed with a tablespoon of vanilla protein powder for my morning matcha at work.
2. Blueberry-banana-spinach smoothie for breakfast.
3. Kale and chicken salad for lunch.
That should just about do it for today.
Happy Birthday to Carole and thanks for hosting our Thursday’s.