1. I have cut back on my coffee consumption and have found a new affection for a warm cuppa tea.
2. Words are on my mind – words like enough, savor, and rooted.
3. I want more green in my indoor spaces and I do not have a great record with house plants but maybe succulents will work.
Here are some more Three on Thursday posts.
This was one of those weeks when I felt like it should have been Friday days ago. But even on the longest days, I have time for taking a stroll and watching the ducks with our tiny person.
On this day, 38 years ago, I went out to dinner with the man I would marry. We laugh a lot about how Friday the 13th is anything but unlucky for us. Looking forward to a special wine and cheese night.
I have stayed away from this space for too long but I am inspired by Kat’s idea of planning posts and have missed being part of the weekly link-ups.
I have been reading – The Snow Child and News of the World.
I have been knitting – two sweaters finished, two more hats, one shawl at 60% and a second one cast on.
I have been moving – averaging 10,000 steps a day and yoga once a week
I have been putting pen to paper in my notebooks
I have been cooking clean, healthy, whole foods
Hello Friday – hello weekend!
Today is a jar day. Three jars for comfort, nutrition, and convenience.
1. Almond milk mixed with a tablespoon of vanilla protein powder for my morning matcha at work.
2. Blueberry-banana-spinach smoothie for breakfast.
3. Kale and chicken salad for lunch.
That should just about do it for today.
Happy Birthday to Carole and thanks for hosting our Thursday’s.
Look at that blank page. It is nice to pause, to plan, to imagine how this new month might unfold.
- More green matcha tea, more words on the page.
- Perhaps a few batches of soup as the days begin (hopefully) to cool.
- A new reading list as the summer bingo card is put away.
- A second sleeve and collar on my green sweater.
- A shawl made with yarn from Shetland.
- Yoga on Mondays.
- Daily steps adding up and perhaps a return to running.
- Weekly visit with our favorite tiny person.
- Unpacking the drums and scheduling practice time into my days.
- Thinking about joining this KAL.
Oh yes September, I think we are going to have a good month.
The weekend is just around the corner and I have a short list. I am trying to keep it simple, not an easy task given all the things we could be doing.
I have downloaded a dozen kindle book samples – hoping to narrow down some choices for my Book Bingo card. Not sure if Lincoln in the Bardo might qualify for Magical Realism or maybe Fantasy? I also need to choose a few projects to take on my quilting retreat which is just a few weeks away. I think this year I will take some projects that need to be finished rather than starting something new.
The highlights of the weekend will be a 10k tomorrow morning – happy to be running with my daughter again – and a visit with another tiny person. This little lady was born just a few weeks after our tiny person and her mom is a long time friend of our daughters. Love this next generation thing!
Happy Friday! EnJOY!
I am looking for ants. You see I am anxious to see my peonies bloom and I know that those little insects help unstick the tight buds. But, in typical June fashion, all I see are raindrops. June gloom. Oh well. Lots of other things to look forward to on this first day of a new month.
Two days until our tiny person is six months old,
Nine more days of school,
One graduation ceremony,
Three more admin meetings,
Two weeks to get ready for a 10k,
Twenty one days until my annual quilt retreat,
Thirty days until #grandshetlandadventure.
Thanks to Carole and Kat for Think Write Thursday
I have an extra long, long weekend. We put a snow day on the school calendar this year and it was decided that we didn’t need to make up any days so here we go – four days to see if I can remember how to breathe (it has been a whirlwind at work).
Here is what is on my list:
- An early movie time
- Long walks on the trail
- A slow wander through the grocery store to restock the fridge
- A bit kitting, a bit of sewing, a bit of reading,
- Sitting on the deck with a lovely cup of coffee to start the day and a glass of wine at the other end.