1. There is a new play area at our local park and our (not so) tiny person is ready to explore!
2. Yesterday was cool and overcast – the perfect day for wearing my orange sweater, I love the cozy, squishy garter stitch.
3. After three weeks of cutting back on caffeine, I have come to love my cuppa tea (caffeine free).
What a fun weekly prompt – thanks Carole
1. I have cut back on my coffee consumption and have found a new affection for a warm cuppa tea.
2. Words are on my mind – words like enough, savor, and rooted.
3. I want more green in my indoor spaces and I do not have a great record with house plants but maybe succulents will work.
Here are some more Three on Thursday posts.
This was one of those weeks when I felt like it should have been Friday days ago. But even on the longest days, I have time for taking a stroll and watching the ducks with our tiny person.
On this day, 38 years ago, I went out to dinner with the man I would marry. We laugh a lot about how Friday the 13th is anything but unlucky for us. Looking forward to a special wine and cheese night.
I have stayed away from this space for too long but I am inspired by Kat’s idea of planning posts and have missed being part of the weekly link-ups.
I have been reading – The Snow Child and News of the World.
I have been moving – averaging 10,000 steps a day and yoga once a week
I have been putting pen to paper in my notebooks
I have been cooking clean, healthy, whole foods
Hello Friday – hello weekend!
Today is a jar day. Three jars for comfort, nutrition, and convenience.
1. Almond milk mixed with a tablespoon of vanilla protein powder for my morning matcha at work.
2. Blueberry-banana-spinach smoothie for breakfast.
3. Kale and chicken salad for lunch.
That should just about do it for today.
Happy Birthday to Carole and thanks for hosting our Thursday’s.
Look at that blank page. It is nice to pause, to plan, to imagine how this new month might unfold.
- More green matcha tea, more words on the page.
- Perhaps a few batches of soup as the days begin (hopefully) to cool.
- A new reading list as the summer bingo card is put away.
- A second sleeve and collar on my green sweater.
- A shawl made with yarn from Shetland.
- Yoga on Mondays.
- Daily steps adding up and perhaps a return to running.
- Weekly visit with our favorite tiny person.
- Unpacking the drums and scheduling practice time into my days.
- Thinking about joining this KAL.
Oh yes September, I think we are going to have a good month.
I have downloaded a dozen kindle book samples – hoping to narrow down some choices for my Book Bingo card. Not sure if Lincoln in the Bardo might qualify for Magical Realism or maybe Fantasy? I also need to choose a few projects to take on my quilting retreat which is just a few weeks away. I think this year I will take some projects that need to be finished rather than starting something new.
The highlights of the weekend will be a 10k tomorrow morning – happy to be running with my daughter again – and a visit with another tiny person. This little lady was born just a few weeks after our tiny person and her mom is a long time friend of our daughters. Love this next generation thing!
Happy Friday! EnJOY!